Sunday, May 14, 2017

May Christmas Card


Sylvia Durocher's Christmas Card Challenge for the month of May is to incorporate an oval and the colour black. I recently picked up this JustRite Stamp called "Christmas Holly Background Stamp" at the local stamp store's going out of business sale, so it worked well.



Using my MISTI I stamped it first in Versafine black and heat set, Then I coloured in with Zig Clean Color watercolor markers. I cut out the center as I was originally going to mount on a different coloured background, but then changed my mind and used the same white Bristol.

After finishing the colouring, I placed the panel back in the MISTI and overstamped with clear embossing ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. You can see the raised detail below. The center sentiment is a Quietfire Design stamp. I stamped in Versafine black and clear embossed. Both were mounted on black Recollections 110# cardstock from Michaels. As the card is a little longer than the panel, I added gold peel-off border top and bottom.


I had a Pop-Tone Black Licorice A-6 envelope (4.75 X 6.5 inches) from Paper-Garden.ca that fit well so I stamped a JustRite holly border from the Christmas Trimmings set in white StazOn. I will need to use a white label for mailing. 


Am entering this in the Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge as there are two layers on top of the base card. And that's a wrap!



4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Charmaine, I love this card. I really like the wood background to the holly. I see people have colored it in several ways to provide a variety of looks. Thanks for joining my challenge. Sylvia D.

AlisonC said...

This is a gorgeous card with a Victorian sort of look to it. It's beautifully coloured with such a lot of detail.
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

Lucinda said...

What a lovely background stamp, great find, although I always find it sad when local craft stores close. I'm sure you'll get loads of use from it. And your sentiment is lovely too, and very wise advice. A lovely, vintage Christmas card. Thank you for sharing with us at the Christmas Card Throwdown.

sweet art designs said...

Very elegant. Love your card. Thank you for sharing with us at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - Myrna DT