Saturday, July 23, 2016

Summer of Creativity Week 6

Where does time go? I am posting my efforts for week 6 of the Tim Holtz Summer of Creativity over at onlinecardclasses.com.

For week 6 we were to use two stencil techniques. I used three four Tim Holtz stencils for my project and started with a white Strathmore 110 pound Mixed Media base.

I used stains to wash the background, then pounced Broken China Distress Paint about. I sponged Wilted Violet Distress Ink through the Doily (left) and Gothic (right) stencils and then inked the burlap stencil and used it as a monoprint device here and there. Then I sponged Distress Paint in Tarnished Brass through a Bubble stencil (not shown).

I used Distress Embossing Ink to stamp the Lost Coast angel and heat embossed in black. I did the same with the column that I had hand-carved many years ago. I added bits of music (Waltzingmouse Stamps) in black Archival Ink here and there.

Finally I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops (White Blizzard) to the wings to add some iridescence which the camera refuses to pick up!



No comments: