Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Summer of Creativity Week 5


This week's Online Card Classes lessons and challenge from Tim Holtz were all about Distress Paint. I only own a small handful of colours so it was especially challenging. I tried a few techniques using these paints to create a birthday card.


The main image was done using the Stamping Resist Technique: the butterfly was stamped with Chipped Sapphire Distress Paint onto white cardstock and allowed to dry, then I sponged overtop with various Distress Inks. I created a background by embossing silver foil and used the Industrial Technique to antique it. I did not have Black Soot so used the same blue paint. I used the Altered Surface Technique on the Compass Coin by dabbing Broken China and Chipped Sapphire Distress Paints on and selectively wiping off.

The sentiment is a Tim Holtz stamp and I used the same Distress Paint to stamp it. I think it works for a birthday card for a gentleman even though there is a butterfly on it. Thanks for stopping by today.




1 comment:

Kate said...

Stunning work Charmaine