Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Knitting Warm Winter Wishes


I'm back after a long hiatus due to a busy schedule and a very tired computer that does not want to cooperate. This is a Christmas card for my friend Mary, who knits up a storm, and even more so now that she is retired.


The House Mouse design is by Stampendous and the sentiment is by Waltzingmouse Stamps.

I thought the red and green scheme works for a Christmas card, but it could be used year round by swapping out the colours. I stamped with Memento and coloured with Copic markers, then overstamped with Versafine Black and clear embossed.

I am entering this in the 52 Card Throwdown Challenge, which is to pick any of the previous challenges from 2015. I chose the August Colour Challenge:


And the Weekly Christmas Card Challenges Week #1.

Thanks for visiting!


5 comments:

Mandy LaCroix said...

This made me smile! (My Mom is big into crocheting. She would get such a kick out of this. I will send her a picture of it!) :) I love the images and your coloring. Great job!
Thanks for sharing over at Christmas Card Challenges!
Mandy ~ CCC DT

Susan Powell said...

So cute! I love the image and your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for playing along this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Susan Powell said...

How adorable eh!! (I'm from B.C. too) I know some knitters who would love a card like this. Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges.

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
Monica - CCC DT

Deborah Frings said...

Hi Charmaine - so nice to see you playing along. I adore this cute image and the wonderful traditional colours. Super layout and pretty papers too. Thanks so much for playing along with our last challenge of the year at 52CCT. Have a very Happy Christmas, and see you next year!