Tuesday, October 14, 2014

WMS Pajama Party - Texture


It's the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party, and this is the first of four challenges that are live right now. Maybe you can play along, too?


This challenge was to emboss with something other than embossing folders. Can you guess what I used?
Nice high relief on this.

I actually broke the C plate on my Cuttlebug trying this, so I don't advise it... or at least I caution you...

When the voices in your head start saying "More power, Scotty!" just ignore them and forego that one extra shim! Here's what I used:
Closeup of a little subtle halo embossing here.
I have two more cards to share for a few of the other challenges. Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a bummer that you broke your plate Charmaine!! But what a creative effect!! My is that ever gorgeous!!

Jeanne J. said...

Wow Charmaine! That is so smart - I was trying to guess what you used.. Never Never Ever would have thought of gems!!! Really clever! Love the bright bold color here. It pays to be adventurous!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful effect Charmaine - love the wonderful colors on this! Sorry you broke a plate!! been there!

Marybeth said...

Oh, no! Sorry you broke your plate. But the card looks beautiful and it seemed like a great idea. Beautiful shimmer .

Unknown said...

OMGosh! Poor Cbug! - your card is stunning tho - such fabulous colour to highlight the embossing!! -and I loved the wee subtle shimmer around the Shine! Thank you so much for playing along - will be in touch!

hugs
c