Sunday, September 15, 2013

SCS Inspiration Challenge

Over at Splitcoaststampers the Saturday Inspiration Challenge (IC406) is to look at the Williams-Sonoma online catalogue, choose a photo to inspire your card, and upload the results. I think this is the first time I have played in this challenge. The item I chose was this La Med Melamine Serving Bowl:


Williams-Sonoma La Med Melamine Serving Bowl
I knew the perfect stamp set to work with, the Waltzingmouse Stamps Folk Art Medallion set. This is a "build an image" set with various options to layer to create the medallion. Here is my card:


I stamped the motifs on white Neenah cardstock after cutting the outlines on my Silhouette Cameo. I found it easiest to stamp onto the medallion shape while it was still on the sticky Cameo mat.

I easily created an offset cut file for the large medallion so I could have a perfectly matching yellow background layer. This is one of the marvelous things about an electronic "die" cutter. You can get a shadow layer for any image and you can decide how thick or thin the border will be! Here is a closer look:


It is way past my bedtime so I will sign off. Thanks for checking up on me today!

1 comment:

Deborah Frings said...

You have really caught the bowl inspiration on your card - it's fab! And I have to say that you've used my favourite colours! Love it!