Monday, August 12, 2013

Prima Masks!

I recently participated in the Splitcoaststampers annual Dare to Get Dirty event. It is referred to as the Iron Man marathon of stamping. They issue 42 different card challenges during the week, I think six per day. Each was a different technique, or a sketch, or some other required element. I made all of them - just barely - with 36 of my cards completed in the last two days once my vacation started. This was one of the things I wanted to do with my "staycation" this year.

These two cards were part of the results. I used a Prima mask (plastic stencil) over patterned scrapbook paper (same paper for each card).

Stamps: Inkadinkado Nostalgia. 

For the butterfly card above I used Tsukineko Walnut Ink sprays over one of the Prima masks from this set:



Die: Sizzix Caged Bird

For the bird card I used sprays and sponged on Distress Inks. This was leftover stencilled paper or "test" paper, but with my faux verdigris birdcage I thought it would work well. The amazing quote (close up below) is a Quietfire Design stamp.

The challenge was an incredible experience. Normally I hum and hah over a card and can take an hour or two to make one. Time did not allow that, but I was determined to try and make my normal quality level of cards instead of just slapping any old thing together. Toward the finish line that was severely tested but I think I remained true to my goal! I'll share more cards from this event soon. Thanks for visiting.



1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Charmaine,

I love the yellow bird in the cage. I'll keep an eye out for updates on your space.

Sylvia
www.smdgreetings.blogspot.ca