Thursday, September 20, 2012

Stationery Box

One of the notelets with matching envelope.
I made a Stationery Box for my Mom for her birthday. I followed the excellent instructions found at Splitcoaststampers.
Here is the box with the monogrammed lid on. The 2 inch tall "m" is a die cut from the Blossom Quickutz alphabet. The lid holds the side walls up. I made it out of very sturdy scrapbook paper. It is the thickest I have seen and I bought it at my local stamp store. I also made a butterfly birthday card (more about that in a separate post).

Box opened.
There is space for a notebook (I customized / re-purposed one I had lying about) and a pocket for stamps.  The tutorial places the pocket upside down, but the way I have it, when the box is closed, the stamps stay put. Our Canadian stamps take up too much room, so there wasn't space for a pen, as well. I figure my Mom has plenty of pens, though.
Tags and notelets. Most stamps used are from Waltzingmouse Stamps.
Inside the box I managed to put five tags, three notelet cards with matching envelopes (made with a BigZ die), and five regular A2 sized cards with matching envelopes.
Five cards for a variety of occasions.
So Sweet of You (Stampin' Up!) with a Cuttlebug embossed border. 

Cuttlebug embossing folder. The sentiment was diecut out of cardstock that I covered front and back with double-stick tape.  I coated it in Martha Stewart glitter.

The Stamp Camp USA tea set goes well with the doily and the Waltzingmouse Stamps sentiment.

The Our Daily Bread verse is framed by a Spellbinders label and I cut apart two die cuts of the Spellbinders Decorative Frame to create a bit of interest on the outer border.

A very CAS card incorporating the same scrapbook paper and stamps and punch from Stampin' Up!
The tutorial and the accompanying video are well done and I am glad I tackled what looked like a daunting project. It went together quite quickly. There is a Stationery Box gallery on Splitcoaststampers showing a variety of these types of boxes. I encourage you to try it if you have not yet!

1 comment:

Gail said...

A very nice job you did on those stationary items