Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sweet Birthday Wishes


Time for another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Here's the sketch:
I recently got this great set of Compact Sentiment stamps and thought I'd make a birthday card to utilize this nice little greeting. The flowers are from the Eat Cake set. I layered the sentiment onto stripes stamped with the borders from the Off Beat Backgrounds set.

I made my festive banner pennants from triangles I cut free-hand and coated in Glitter Ritz micro-fine glitters, burnishing well into the double-sided tape. They sparkle so well in real life! A few layers, some raspberry twine and here we have it:

7 comments:

Julia Aston said...

A very colorful and festive B'day card Charmaine! I just LOVE the Compact Sentiments - I find I'm reaching for them all the time! Your banners are so shimmery! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What a PERFECT birthday card - so bright, shimmery and happy - love it!!!
Thanks for joining us this week, hugs, Karin

Kelly S. said...

Oooo LOVE the sparkly banner, Charmaine! Your plaid stripes and dots round out the perfect festive feel!

Carla said...

nice card! Beautiful birthday card. Love from far far away: Holland.

Karen M said...

Lovely card, Charmaine. Very pretty colours! Kx

Teresa Kline said...

what a gorgeous card, luv the glitter!

enjoy *~*

Vickie Z said...

Love your glitter banners against the polka dots!!!