Monday, March 19, 2012

Bonus Tag Card

Remember this card I made recently? I was thrilled to learn it won a Top Mouse award at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog last week!
After that project, I had lots of bits and pieces lying about my worktable, so I pulled them together to make a bonus card. The ribbon that I dyed with the Persimmon Distress Ink Pad left quite a bit of dye on my Teflon craft sheet, so I plunked a tag down on that ink to sop it up, then heat set it. I then stamped over top with a new Waltzingmouse Stamps chicken wire stamp I just purchased.


I layered some sheer ribbon on the bottom of the tag and hung an itty bitty butterfly off of it with a jump ring. I placed some lace over sticky tape and filled the lacy pattern with sage glitter, pressing it into the tape.

Layered the tag on some sage pin dot paper using my Perfect Layers tool, and then some peachy yellow polka dot that I distressed with Shabby Shutters ink. I was quite pleased with this bonus project from my leftovers:


4.25 X 5 inch card

I just realized this card works for the current Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, so I am entering it there! I must have been subliminally influenced!

5 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! So pretty! And I love the tiny butterfly tag!

Ruby's Girl said...

Yeah and congrats. Love the other art that you have done with these wonderful colours too. As usual lovely artwork. Judy in Penticton

Pauline said...

What a great way to use up those scraps! A perfectly lovely card!

Kelly S. said...

There she goes rocking the Spring Baskets set again :) Love your second card just as much as the first! The tag with the pearl brad and the lace edge is so lovely. What a sweet little butterfly charm, too. Great job, Charmaine!!!

Renee said...

That basket of gorgeous blooms...
I die!
Love these colors and the lace...
and can't forget that fabby bee tag!:)
Congrats on Top Mouse...
and another fabulous card! :)