Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Card Challenge - CAS Style


The Waltzingmouse Stamps Christmas Card Challenge is coming to a close for 2011 and I have really enjoyed the monthly sparks of creativity. That is, until November. That month, our hostess Lynn Mercurio announced that Clean and Simple Style was the theme. I am sure Lynn thought she was doing everyone a favour choosing something simple. However, this is the theme that was my nemesis. I am not comfortable with white space. I don't do simple. And one look at my crafting space dispels any notion of clean.

It took a month and a half but I finally got inspired. I don't actually need any more Christmas cards, but little gift cards will come in handy as I shift into baking and gift-wrapping mode this week.


The rule was they needed to be completed in about 10 minutes, and once I had the idea for these, that's about how long they took, even with the heat-set Swarovski crystal in the center. They run about 3.5 inches square and I cuttlebug embossed the card front before adding the Frame It layer with the Very Vintage Christmas Stamp Set snowflake at its center.


Clean and Simple Style vanquished! I have entered this in the WMS Sketch Challenge, too.


8 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

wow, these are stunning CAS styled Christmas cards...so glad you joined us at WM....Merry Christmas!

enjoy *~*

Maja said...

These are soooooo elegant! Fantastic.

Kelly S. said...

Oh Charmaine, you kidder, you are GREAT at CAS cards! This is so elegant and fantastic for a quick gift card! That beautiful snowflake really steals the show!

Renee said...

Love that wintery blue set against the white...
and that gorgeous snowflake taking center stage with that stunning bling!
You were teasing...
you do CAS very well!
Merry Christmas! :)

Pauline said...

Simply beautiful and elegant Charmaine!

Julia Aston said...

Pretty snowflake theme in blue and white Charmaine!

Lenet said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!
Yhanks for joining us at WMSC

Kim Duran said...

How beautiful! I love the classic and monochromatic look of these little greetings. Perfection! Thanks for playing along with us during the holidays at WMSC! Happy new year!