Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mojo Monday 136 Vintage

There is a wildly popular blog that posts a sketch challenge each Monday, called Mojo Monday. This is my first time playing along. MOJO136 provided a choice of round or square formats. I say it's hip to be square!

The papers are K&Company, the millinery ribbon is olive shot with gold, the lady is from Oxford Impression's The Art of Being Beautiful plate, and the frame around her and the sentiment are from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles and Scalloped Circles to cut out this framed beauty. I distressed the scalloped border and torn paper strip with Barn Door Distress Ink.

I found it quite challenging to follow a sketch, but it is good to be challenged sometimes! Thanks for stopping by to see.

8 comments:

okanagan_spirit said...

Charmaine this one is lovely. I like the colours you used.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is over the top gorgeous! Love your colors and focal image!

Cindy Beach said...

Wow, you did a great job on the sketch, your card is beautiful! I especially like the ribbon - it's a perfect match for that image.

Jeannie said...

What a great card! I really like the colors, and the ribbon is gorgeous!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sam said...

You did a great job Charmaine. I love the vintage feel of the card. The challenges are addictive. I am sure I will "bump into you" again on another one. Sam

Denise Marzec said...

Very pretty!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card! Love the colors and that great image... perfect for the sketch. :o)

Corie said...

WOW -- this is absolutely gorgeous!! Great job on the challenge!!